Mystic Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystic Shadows

Mystic Shadows is a modern dark fantasy role play. Were magic and monsters are common and nightmares lurk.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
»  Unari Fen
The Rebirth I EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 4:00 am by Riujin

» Sakrol Leviathan
The Rebirth I EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 6:57 pm by Sakrol Leviathan

» Nikki Suzuki
The Rebirth I EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 5:33 am by Night Tepes

» The Duke Mistress
The Rebirth I EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 11:00 am by Yuuhi

» The state of the world
The Rebirth I EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 12:21 am by Night Tepes

» Soma the empires heir, and his retainers, Aria, and Mathew
The Rebirth I EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 11:57 pm by Night Tepes

» Rp possible end and Discord?
The Rebirth I EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 5:08 am by Night Tepes

» Night Asakura
The Rebirth I EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 1:52 am by Night Tepes

» The Rebirth I
The Rebirth I EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 am by Sakrol Leviathan

Affiliates

The Rebirth I

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 8:26 pm

For many decades after the defeat of the Godslayer who had attempted to end the world, the world had been on the brink of death. The signs were there, the rifts to other dimensions an unnatural occurrence, even for a world on a verge of rebirth born due to the actions all that time ago. The birth of more purgatories, the life force of the world had finally dwindled to its end.

The world would shake as the sky began to glow with an aurora, mana would begin to flow out of large parts of the world erasing the parts it would burst from, the Otherworld's air would vibrate, it would begin to feel gravity was increasing there as much like Gaia the mana would burst out of places erasing everything. A wave of mana would slowly cover both planes. Hundreds, no thousands, millions would be swept up in it. Those swept up would simply vanish, others souls would linger, yet some would persist after. Any remaining would feel an overwhelming sense of vertigo, pressure heavily bearing down on ones lungs as if they could not breathe before everything would go black before there eyes. When sight would return, when movement became possible any outside would see no sun in the sky, however they would see the world. Continents floating isles floating a bit on the outside. Outside of what? One could ask, before realising that there were now gaps, lands were not fully connected and between the gaps one could view the void of the galaxy swirling around the planet. The world itself seemed almost like it had been turned inside out. Any with the perception could look up or down or around and see the few remaining cities on the continents forming the sides of the world, maybe even the continents above them. At the center of the world was a large round faintly glowing object, grey tubular protrusions stretched out one or more connecting to each continent, glowing very faintly with life. However there were other grey parts protruding out from the object that were just dead and broken, the pieces floating around what was the center of the world. Gaia and Otherworld now one and the same, this strange yet familiar world. Mana would slowly start flowing from the remains of the world into the round object. It would also flow from void outside of the world into the center. The flowing mana appearing like an aurora around the center of this world.

All the while black pools of Ichor on different parts of the world would bubble forth and monsters would start to crawl out of each.
Back to top Go down
https://mysticshadows.rpg-board.net
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 am

Night stood up slowly grunting feeling as if she was hit by a truck. She rubbed her eyes awake, something she had not needed to do since her fifty year sleep. What happened? She mused to herself. She remembered her and Sakrol had been about to chase Yuno down to the basement when the creature Yuno had activated got in the way. However Sakrol and her and destroyed it. After that was a bit of a blank as shortly after she was unconcious. It looked like they were still in Fell Hollow Asylum, though all signs of the moldy beast were gone. Parts of the building had now collapsed to including the basement entrance. However what was odder was the mana that filled the air. She walked towards the front door since the fight had occurred in the lobby, luckily it was not blocked other than the barricade that had already existed. She projected a dagger with flame of spirit while at the same time she noticed another oddity. There was no gore. No blood, none of the mold, and no bodies anymore. She tossed the knife lodging it in the metal of the barricade and overcharged the projection blowing the door open with ease.
As she walked outside she saw the world as it now was and gasped. What had happened? Why had this happened? It looked similar to something she had seen only once before. Back with the group she traveled with to stop Magnus. He had dragged them into, well a much more lively version of what she saw now. At least part way. The first of the four times they had confronted the god slayer he had dragged them into a plane that was neither otherworld or gaia. Until now she had assumed he had made a purgatory of some form. They had stood on the tubular protrusions, which back then some still glowed golden with life, painfully radiant for a vampire like her. She had proved in the end of that round to be rather ineffective. Magnus had called them the world branches. Now though they were grey, seemingly dead. Is this the end of the world? She mused again aloud remembering the god slayers goals before his final defeat.

SC: 28
WTSC: 28
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 3:37 am

Sakrol was just confused about the sudden shift in atmosphere, looking at Night dashing away made Sakrol follow in slight confusion. Perhaps whatever was going on Night knew something? Seeing Night open the door at the lobby and looking outside Sakrol jogged over and stared in confusion at what was happening, he had no idea what was even this? Was it a bad or a good thing? Sakrol did not know and his current expression told as much, what was he witnessing?

SC: 5
WTSC: 5
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Night did not feel her normal excitement at finally seeing something new. A new adventure, new possibilities, always meant a fun time. However, right now all she had was a sense of loss. She had little idea what was going on but she felt like, she paused. She was not sure what she felt beyond confusion and a sense of loss? No that was not right, close but not right. Sakrol finally approached and she was sure if she was lost the poor demon boy was likely very much so as well. It was like looking at the soul of a dead world. A painted nightmare of sorts. It was not often she was at a loss of words or understanding of what was occurring. Her only clue was a similar time back when she and the group of people she was with fought the god slayer. She went to use the echo device for communication with MIRA but got nothing. There were no other signals. She paused to think about that as she shuffled still hoping to maybe find some clue. The area though heavily damaged still looked like the city she had come to know but, it was empty. At least compared to what it should have been. She needed a destination, some place she could gather her thoughts and asses the situation better. The MIRA HQ no longer held meaning if most or all of the world was gone. At least people wise. Some for the Hinasaki. There was one place left to her though. The place she had built for herself all that time ago. Her castle turned museum. At least if everyone was gone now she would have no annoying museum security to deal with. As she was walking down one of the streets she noticed one street to the right dipped sharply down and a black pool of thick mud like liquid was at the end of it. Night had met those people would call evil many times in her life. Though she knew good, evil such terms were two sides of a coin. However all she could describe from the black goop was evil. It radiated such a malevolent aura it had caused her to pause. A hand raised from the pool as creature stepped out. It was made of stone with the black liquid from the pool filling in were human joints would be. A basic golem like construct, nothing impressive. However it was coming right for her. She did not feel like spending time fighting this thing, so she used Will of the Conqueror. Her pink aura flared out heading toward the construct, it passed through and the construct continued it's advances unhindered. It let out a rumble like sound and Night blinked. It was not even weakened. Will of the conqueror had no affect on this thing. She gritted her teeth and prepared for battle.

SC: 39
TSC: 67

Stats
Evil's construct
lvl 30
stats ???????
*notes it is a weak fodder enemy no point in stats less requested.
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 1:11 pm

Sakrol was speechless at what was going and and did not know if he should be concerned or if he was just dreaming? He just looked as Night seemed to be just as clueless as he, Sakrol just shook his head in confusion. Sakrol was not sure if he should be scared, angry, sad or emotionless as he watched the scene, he seemed to stay cool on the outside however. But as Night moved to walk into the empty streets Sakrol quickly followed and spoke. Hey, where are you going!? He asked as they came in front of the pool of black liquid and then there rose a monster, set on attacking Night apparently. Sakrol reacted by drawing out his sword obviously, since a fight was ensuing with the golem creature.

SC: 6
WTSC: 11
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Night waisted no time on the golem. She was not in a patient mood, and swiftly formed a war of chaos magic and slammed it into the golems head spliting into the body. She then swiftly formed her double bladed sword of void magic and speared it through the chest of the creature, black ichor weeping out from the wounds. She then formed a scythe of darkness and slashed through it before it could barely move. Her actions all flowing one from another almost like a dance. The creature collapsed into a pile of ruble the black ichor that it was born of drying up. However the pool it had come from was still bubbling and things were clearly moving in it. Night raised her hands and used Point Zero eclipse, the flames of her spirit blasting out and freezing the pool. It would not hold for long but it would hold for now. She continued on using buildings and street names to go by. I am heading home. She replied to Sakrol finally. She had been a bit occupied with the pool of evil. It was all she could describe it as, to answer Sakrol before. Well it is a home for me. Something I built myself. She said as she finally arrived at her castle. She walked in through the modernized doors. She was still not sure why people had renovated it to be a museum, but there were places she knew they could not have touched. She looked around the displays and hummed a bit to herself still not sure if she felt insulted or honored her things had ended up like this. Though she had more important matters to deal with. She walked towards the large paining of herself and bit her thumb. She pressed her thumb directly on the center of the bottom border. Runes would glow around the painting and the wall would swing inwards. Night would enter the doorway and wait for Sakrol in a round room with nothing in it.

SC: 23
TSC: 90
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Sakrol did not have time to attack the creature when Night had it well on herself, Sakrol simply sheathed his sword and just gave Night a slight concerned look at these happenings. When Night said she was going home Sakrol would follow, nit sure why but he did, there did not seem to be no other place to go anyway... Sakrol took a look at the mighty castle, it was the same one he sees every time he walks past here and this was Night's home? Sakrol looked as the castle was a museum now, he was not exactly sure what they were after here. Night stopped in front of a large painting, Sakrol just looked at Night wondering what she was doing and be a little surprised by the secret door. Sakrol followed inside, he wondered what was this room all about and spoke. So what do we do here? Is anything here going to fix the situation outside? Or should I just go back to Otherworld? Sakrol said as he kinda felt like going home himself, to live in the swamp away from this world's apparent destruction.

SC: 9
WTSC: 20
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 1:23 am

The floor rumbled as the floor started to rise up. At the end of the elevator ride she opened the door in front of them and the two would be bale to walk into what looked like an observatory. At least with the ceiling reflecting the starry sky and the large telescope on a raised dias off to the side in this also round room. The floor was made of a dark wood, and there were three different tables in the room as well as a few bookshelves. This was a lab of hers, one with a focus more on the world than anything. She pushed one shelf to the side and pulled out a globe. She walked over to the telescope and attacked it to the lens. She heard Sakrols question and sighed. Sakrol, I do not think, I dont think there is a way to fix this. I think. She sighed pausing for a moment not sure how to describe it. I think we are seeing the end of the world. And if that is true Otherworld is ending with Gaia. Both are tied to each Sakrol, heck for all I otherworld may not exist right now, or could be overlayed on this world. I dont even think this is Gaia, at least not in the way we know it. She said and pulled up pictures from the world using the telescope. The globe projecting the, something she developed back when she was younger to avoid sun in the eyes. She was looking at the tree like roots that extended from the central orb, the mana flowing towards it making it hard. She was not even sure what she was looking for at this point.

SC: 17
TSC: 107
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Sakrol just looked at the observatory like building as they entered, he listened to what Night said as they walked in. Though Sakrol did not like those words, the fact that his home was gone, the world ending so will they die? Hold up, so everything I had is now gone!? Is that what you are saying!? The world is ending what does that mean to us!? Are we... Are we going to die here!? Sakrol was upset, he had lost everything and now his greatest fear was possibly going to claim them; death. This whole thing was a disaster, Sakrol felt fear and hopelessness as he stood there waiting for answers from Night.

SC: 8
WTSC: 28
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Before Night could say a word a young dark skinned man stepped out of thin air smoking a cigar. Not exactly. He said looking at Sakrol, and then to Night. Miss Tepes, an old flame I guess? Asked me to come explain some things to you and well I guess I can include your friend there. They asked me to explain a bit on what is going on. You are correct in this is the end of the world, however it is also the start of another. This world, it still has potential, and because of this it will be reborn. And so will you two, if you so choose. See the fact you are both standing here during this rebirth process is a testament to something about you both, but know you are not the only ones, and have not been the only ones in the past. The God Slayer Magnus has survived a world rebirth before, so has Lucifer, Dracula, Gilgamesh, and others of legends. He said while taking a drag and then exhaling. The orb at the center of this, vortex. He said pausing as if looking for a proper word. Yes this vortex world, is the next world to come. It could be similar, or different to varying degress. And those like us, who are still standing after the initial singularity, we will get a choice before the rebirth is complete. To be reborn as a new person, or to stay ourselves. Either way we will still lose a bit of ourselves no matter the choice. He said finishing his cigar. Night nodded and smiled a bit. She was sure already after hearing that what her choice would be. Oh what an adventure she would have, and will have now then. So what is the black ichor? And the creatures born from it? She asked since this man was being an exposition dump. The man shrugged. Ever bother to ask were monsters come from? That is were, and more. Think of it as all the worlds evil. I would not suggest touching the stuff if I were you. Oh also be careful ancient beings older than this world will be stirring soon. He said as he took out a new cigar and lit it with his thumb.
Night nodded again and went over to a bookshelf. She pulled out a fancy tome. Something she had started long ago as a side project. The tome was a hue of blue with a gem in the cover. It held information on her spells, her past, her abilities, and more. She was going to leave this with her next life, and she turned the pages as she took off her djin metal vessal and took out her law of fortune and placed them on a page of the book and they were sucked in and she nodded. If we choose rebirth can we leave something for our next selves? The man nodded. Indeed you can, also you will likely carry over you aptitude for apocalyptic magics, and more. Rebirth does not mean loss, just a new start.

SC:36
TSC: 143

Nights Grimoire:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 8:31 am

Sakrol just gave the new guy a glare, but then he spoke some more of what is happening. Sakrol listened with interest, so that was what was happening here though he did not understand all of it. Sakrol was thinking about the choice that was laid before him and Night, to disappear entirely in death or be reborn in the new world to come as themselves with no memory or as something entirely else... Night seemed to be thrilled about this, she already made preparations while Sakrol saw this mostly as a lose-lose situation. Guess he had to make the choice of rebirth, at least then he won't completely disappear and he was going to leave items behind to his next self as Night did. "Fine then, I see there is no way around this... I will be reborn, maybe in the next life things will be better..." Sakrol stated with a serious expression, inside he was sad but tried not to show it since he was after all going to leave everything behind that he knew and lose his memories.

SC: 7
WTSC: 35
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Night finished writing what she needed to for her grimoire. She sat back having stored her most powerful treasures, or setting them up to be stored within the pages. An idea she had had long ago based also on the one she had based her fates reqiuem on. Well you two do what you want or what you must. You'r familiars by the way are unique to this world, they may carry over to the next but in a different form. Also dont be surprised what kind of ancient beings you see stirring. Or even suppossedly dead ones. But dont try to think to much about what comes next. He said and vanished in a flash of flame.
Night kind of sat against the wall sipping on some blood not sure what to do or say. She was going to have another life after this one, or she could stay herself? Ha she knew that was not an option. The excitement of something new called to her way to much. It was around then that she noticed a tear shaped blood red gem began to glow emitting many hues of color. The tear of the three great wyrms. A treasure she had gotten from Norway many a century ago. It supposedly represented the pact that the three dragon gods had made. Bahamut, Tiamat, and Shinryu. Bahamut the dragon of light, chaos, and life, Tiamat, of void, darkness and death, Shinryu of soul acting as the middle. Supposedly before their pact the three had waged war against each other, spilling much blood that had given birth to dragons as a whole. However she had never seen a dragon in her life, less you count her and her grandads true vampiric form. They had always fascinated her though, and she had sought out that treasure while in search of some sign of dragons. A myth and legend that she fallen in love with. She walked over to the glowing crystal. She layed a finger on it and in a flash of incadescent light she vanished.

SC: 24
TSC: 167
Back to top Go down
Night Tepes
Admin
Night Tepes

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Night found herself in the center of what seemed to be a ridge. A circle of mountains with a large hollow in the center, her being in said center. In front of her hovered three powerful beings. She could feel said power from were she stood. All three dragons in form and shape, one a large dark bestial one, radiating darkness while seeming to draw it in. Another glowing with light. The third had no solid color or eminated an element. It's scales almost a bone white, that colors kept shifting? Another moment the dragon had pure black scales, then bright green while it's center seemed to stay a golden color. A voice spoke to her mind directly. So you are the one who answers our call? Night shrugged. I guess? I am Night Tepes, the Night dragon. She said feeling a bit silly for her title but also feeling like it was needed. So you call yourself dragon. Kin to us? But I sense none but maybe a spirit in you This voice was female, it seemed to belong to the larger more sinister looking dragon. The first had seemed to belong to the middle one with shifting scales. My love, it would seem our children have died out in this world.
This time they did not last, yet their spirit lives on at least.
the middle one nodded. We may yet resurrect our kin then with the rebirth. We just need to spill blood. However I think we should see if the spirit is still worthy? They all three paused and seemed to be thinking. Can this one fight though? Fight as a dragon? Night glowered she had a feeling who these three were and she was not one who liked being played with by gods. She wondered if gods returning was part of the rebirth? She knew Magnus had killed these three supposedly. At least Bahamut she had seen proof of. I earned the moniker Night Dragon As she said that she used her true form and primordial one. Changing into her black dragon glowing with darkness chaos void and flames of the spirit due to primordial one. The middle one nodded and flew lower as the other two rose high above. I am Shinryu and I shall test you Night Dragon. Pass and you will be rewarded, fail, you will be cursed. Night roared shaking the very air in challenge and excitement. You are on! She drew the Night dragon blade and began charging Fates requiem as she roared in defiance. She was not stupid, she knew her chances, and knew she should not hold back.

SC: 34
TSC: 201

Stats:

The 3 Wyrms:
Back to top Go down
Sakrol Leviathan

Sakrol Leviathan

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 am

Sakrol did not know what else there was to do, or what would happen. He would sit down for now as he would wait for his supposed rebirth, Night was probably going to do the same except when she vanished when touching some peculiar crystal. Was Sakrol all alone now? To wait for the unknown and feeling nothing but anxiety as he did so, he did not know what else he should do. There was nothing, his entire life will be wiped and build anew. Sakrol did not feel like moving anywhere at the moment, there was no point and he would try to take a nap instead and maybe, when he wakes up again he will be someone else.

SC: 6
WTSC: 41
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Rebirth I Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rebirth I   The Rebirth I Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rebirth I
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystic Shadows :: RP Forum :: Rebirth-
Jump to: